- 3 ripe but firm apricots: halved or sliced and pitted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (almost one lime)
- 1 small package of blueberries (for garnish)
- Greek-style yogurt (for breakfast); vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream (for dessert)
- Optional: mint leaves (for garnish)
Wash and slice apricots. Combine with lime juice and sugar in bowl. Mix until fruit is coated.
Heat pan to low to medium heat. Add apricots, turning occasionally so as not to burn sugar / lime mix.
Apricots will glaze and become syrupy, about 5-8 minutes.
Transfer to bowl or plate. Add yogurt, blueberries, mint leaves, and enjoy! Dish serves two people.
This dish can also be prepared ahead of time and served cold, or garnished with ice cream / frozen yogurt as a dessert. I also like it with seasonal fruits (i.e. apples and / or pears for the fall).