Queen Anne

Investigators: Extension cord may have sparked fire

Investigators: Extension cord may have sparked fire
SEATTLE - Firefighters extinguished a small fire at 10th Ave W. and W. Howe St. late Friday night.

A phone call to the Seattle Fire Department of a fire coming from a doorway prompted firefighters to investigate a business currently under construction in Queen Anne.

Officials say an electrical fire in a recording studio caused approximately $5,000 in content damages, and $20,000 in structural damages.

The fire may have been caused by a pinched extension cord, Fire Captain Steven Baer said.

Residents who live above the business waited outside while firefighters inspected the structure.

No injuries or damage to the above apartments were reported.