Redmond

Overheated mobile device battery prompted fire response to Microsoft

Overheated mobile device battery prompted fire response to Microsoft
REDMOND, Wash. - A building at the Microsoft campus in Redmond was evacuated Friday after what was reportedly a small fire in a lab.

Redmond Fire Battalion Chief Ralph Ashmore says an overheated mobile device battery prompted a fire response to Studio A at Microsoft just after 10 a.m.

Early reports of fire and toxic smoke were unfounded as fire crews found no fire after responding to the location, Ashmore said.

Fire crews cleared shortly after responding and the evacuated employees were allowed back inside the buiildings.

There were no injuries