Celebrate the first day of spring with a free daffodil.
Now in its fifteenth year, the annual Pike Place Market daffodil giveaway has become a Seattle springtime tradition.
Rain or shine, Pike Place Market community members will hand out 12,000 daffodils to shoppers, workers and residents during lunch time today - the official first day of spring. Snag a bright daffodil, grown by Market farmers, from 11:30 a.m.- 1 p.m.
These are among the downtown locations where you can receive a daffodil:
• 4th Ave./Pine St. – near Starbucks and Westlake Park.
• 6th Ave./ Pine St. – Pacific Place
• 3rd/Union – Post Office/Benaroya Hall
• 4th Ave./Cherry St. – City Hall
• 4th Ave./Madison St. – downtown library
• 3rd/ Marion – Wells Fargo Center
• 5th/Olive – Westlake Tower/Medical Dental Building
• 5th/Pike – City Centre