A signature dish served at the Wolfgang Puck Café.
6 Hard boiled Eggs (or 18 quail eggs)
4 oz Cold Smoked Salmon
2 oz cream cheese
1 tsp minced chives
Salt and pepper to taste
Small package “micro” green or baby spring mix lettuce
1. To boil eggs, place in pot and cover with cold water and 1 tbsp salt. Bring to a hard boil for 1 minute and turn off heat. Let stand for 12 minutes, then drain and submerge into ice water to cool. (If using quail eggs, drain and chill after 6 minutes.)
2. Carefully peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolk. Set aside the hollowed egg white.
3. Place salmon, egg yolk, and cream cheese in a food processor and puree until smooth and creamy. Fold in chives and add salt and pepper as desired.
4. Spoon or pipe salmon cream into eggs. Garnish each egg with a pinch of “micro” greens or petite lettuces.
5. Serve at once or store in fridge and use with in 24 hours.