Family settles suit from monster truck death

Family settles suit from monster truck death
Sebastian Hizey
TACOMA -- The father of a little boy who was killed at a monster truck rally earlier this year says he has settled a wrongful death lawsuit against the show's operator.

Financial terms of the settlement were not disclosed.

6-year-old Sebastian Hizey was attending the Monster Jam truck show at the Tacoma Dome on Jan. 16 with his family.

A red monster truck, Natural High, was in the middle of its run -- plowing over cars and riding on its back wheels. But as the truck made a tight turn, sparks shot out from underneath it. It's believed at that point, metal debris spewed up into the stands.

Sebastian was struck and killed by a 10-pound metal ring about the size of a Frisbee.

The Hizeys' attorney said the family had filed three claims against Feld Motor Sports, alleging negligent infliction of emotional distress, wrongful death, and economic losses.