Consumer News

Consumer Junk foods in the dairy case? Junk foods in the dairy case? (Video)
The dairy case is bulging with new products that seem like tasty ways to get more protein, calcium, and other nutrients into your diet. But Consumer Reports ShopSmart magazine says that many are just surprise junk foods.
Consumer Consumer Reports: Travel Club Gotchas Consumer Reports: Travel Club Gotchas
Expensive vacations to exotic places often seem out of reach. So many people join travel clubs, which promise years of discounted airfare, hotels and dining.
Consumer Portable smart phone chargers Portable smart phone chargers (Video)
Nothing says misery like being out and about, away from a power source, and your phone goes dead. Lots of companies are tapping into that fear, producing products for portable power.
Consumer Dental care for somone with dementia Dental care for somone with dementia
Simple things can become very difficult for a person suffering from Alzheimer's. That includes brushing teeth. This can become especially challenging during the middle and late stages of the disease.
Consumer Cat's Meow: Does it work? Cat's Meow: Does it work? (Video)
Amaretto is an aloof, leery, 2 year old Persian-mix that's not much for excessive play.
His owner Greg Netzel got a motorized chase toy as a gift a while back, but the toy has essentially been collecting dust. A plastic mouse moving under a burgundy circle of fabric is supposed to peak a cat's "thrill of the hunt". But Netzel says the thrill didn't last long. Amaretto lost interest. So his expectations for a motorized mouse 'tail' covered by 'yellow' fabric are pretty low.
Consumer Health Benefit Exchange 'addressing issues as they arise' Health Benefit Exchange 'addressing issues as they arise' (Video)
The encouraging news according to the Washington Health Benefit Exchange, is more than 70% of customers who enrolled through the state last year have successfully renewed for 2015. But part of the remaining 30% may include people like Wendy Haferbecker Crain- who tried to renew their health coverage but got blocked.
Consumer Walmart teams up with GoBank to offer online banking Walmart teams up with GoBank to offer online banking
The way people bank is changing rapidly, as every year fewer go to branches and millions embrace Internet banking. Walmart is getting into the business, teaming up with GoBank to offer online banking. Walmart also offers credit cards and prepaid cards. Consumer Reports checked out whether Walmart banking is smart banking.
Consumer Think pest control all year long Think pest control all year long
Pest control isn’t a priority just when it’s warm. It's something you need to think about year-round, if you want to avoid unwanted guests.

Start by sealing up windows and doors. If you have mulch in flower beds next to the house, it would be smart to replace the mulch with rocks.