With the region set to receive a record amount of rain in the month of November, the folks in the KOMO 4 News Weather Center began to wonder what would our viewers say would be the amount of rain we’ll end up with by the end of November.
- We’re giving away a KOMO 4 Weather Survival Pack consisting of an umbrella, KOMO 4 cap, and ice scraper (in case the rain turns to ice), and an autographed copy of Steve Pool's book "Somewhere, I Was Right" to one lucky winner.
- All you have to do is submit your best guess as to what the total amount of rainfall will be once the month comes to an end on.
- Send your guess (via e-mail only) for the total amount of rain that will fall at Sea-Tac International Airport from 12:00 am November 1 through 11:59pm, November 30, 2006. Answers can be exact to a hundredth of an inch (for example, 12.23"). Entry must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on Saturday, November 25.
- Winner will be the person who guesses the closest rainfall total without going over the actual amount. In the event of a tie, a random drawing of those with the correct guess will determine the winner.
- Entry deadline is 11:59 pm Saturday, November 25. Winner will be notified on December 1st or 2nd.
- Contest dates valid November 21 – 25, 2006
- This is an online contest only.
- All contestants must be U.S. citizens or a green card holder, and residents of Western Washington (Snohomish, Thurston, Kitsap, Island, Pierce, Chelan, Mason, Jefferson, Skagit, Kittitas, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Cowlitz, Whatcom, San Juan, Clallam and King and Chelan Counties). Contest is void where prohibited.
- Must be at least 18 years old to enter.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- One entry per person, regardless of number of email accounts/addresses.
- KOMO 4 Television will make every attempt to contact the winners via telephone and/or email. If unable to reach any of the winners within 2 business days following each selection, another winner will be randomly drawn from the number of correct entries collected on-line. All prizes must be collected within two weeks of winning or the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be chosen or the unclaimed prize will be returned.
- Each winner must complete a W-9 tax form as well as a Winner’s Release and Agreement in which they agree, among other things, that their names, voice, and/or likenesses may be used by KOMO 4 Television for promotional purposes, and that KOMO 4 Television, and its employees are not liable for any claims arising from directly or indirectly winning this promotion.
- There is no substitution, cash equivalent or cash value for the prizes.
- KOMO 4 Television is not responsible for any conditions or circumstances that interfere with the winners’ ability to reach KOMO 4 Television or to claim their prize.
- KOMO 4 Television reserves the right to change or reschedule the promotional giveaway without notice due to programming or any other circumstances beyond the station’s control.
- Entrants agree that KOMO 4 Television, Fisher Broadcasting - Seattle Radio L.L.C. and/or Fisher Communications, shall not be liable for losses or injuries (including any property loss, personal injury or death) of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of prize, participation in contest, any human error or any technical malfunctions of the telephone, cable or computer network or delays in postal or other delivery service.
- Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of: any telephone, cable or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event this contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the contest and in such event, to select a winner by random drawing from among all valid entries received up to such time of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- Employees of KOMO 4, Fisher Broadcasting - Seattle Radio L.L.C. and Fisher Communications, their promotional partners, any radio or television station, and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- KOMO 4 reserves the right to change &/or amend the contest dates and rules at any time.