SEATTLE - Shoppers will soon have a handful of new stores and restaurants to checkout while visiting Seattle's University Village this fall.
The store and dining additions are part of an expansion taking place on the south side of the open-air shopping center along Northeast 45th Street. The project also includes a parking garage with 700 new stalls.
Among the 12 new businesses are three first-timers to the Northwest. The include: Scotch & Soda - an Amsterdam-based clothing retailer; Calypso St. Barth - a travel-inspired, resort-wear boutique; and Hot Mama - a designer clothing retailer with moms in mind.
Also on the list:
- Din Tai Fung - Taiwanese-based dumpling, dim sum restaurant
- JOEY Kitchen - Casual dining
- Liam's - Latest eatery from Kurt Dammeier, offering "up-scale homestyle" dishes
- Nike Running - Athletic gear shoe offerings
- Starbucks Reserve - Store featuring upscale coffee line from Starbucks
- Sunglass Hut - Premium sun-related eyewear retailer
- Molly Moons Homemade Ice Cream - Ice cream cafe
- American Eagle Outfitters - Clothing, accessories, personal care retailer
- Eureka! - Burgers and craft beers eatery. This restaurant will be located across from the new south side retail complex
- Virginia Mason University Village - New clinic location will provide care for infants, children and adults. It will also offer patients dermatology and allergy/asthma services.
According to U Village, most of the retailers have not announced official opening dates but all are timed to happen within the next month or two.
A full length rendering showing the new retail complex on the south side of University Village. The new complex will offer a dozen more restaurants and retail options for people visiting the outdoor shopping center. Each new merchant is scheduled to open this fall. (Rendering courtesy University Village Management).