Watch our report on the challenges facing Washington veterans and the services available to help them find jobs, homes and to support their physical and mental health.
WA Veterans' Resources:
- Helmets to Hardhats: Connects Veterans with careers in construction.
- US Dept. of Veterans Affairs
- VA Puget Sound Health Care System
- National Call Center for Homeless Veterans: Veterans and those assisting vets can call 1-855-468-VETS (8387)
- National Crisis Hotline and Resources
- Women Veterans' Resources
- Now Hiring Veterans: Veterans post resumes, companies post jobs.
- Microsoft Elevate America Veterans
- Hire America's Heroes: Matching major corporations with veterans who need jobs.
- Seattle Stand Down:Veteran led organization to help veterans
- Veteran-Community Network: Sheila Sebron, Program Manager, 206-856-8100, Sheila@vetcomnet.info
- Northwest Justice Project: Legal advice for veterans
- Boeing Hiring Veterans
- Veterans In Piping
- Washington Department Of Veterans Affairs
- Employment Partnership Of The Armed Forces
- Bradley-Morris, Inc: Military Job Placement Firm
- Seattle Veterans Court
- Thurston County Veterans Court
- National Center For Telehealth & Technology (T2)
- Hiring Heroes Act (pdf)
- Washington National Guard Family & Veterans Services (J-9)
- Compass Housing Alliance
- Building 9 for Veterans Transitional Housing Program: Housing for homeless veterans
- Pioneer Human Services: Assistance for veterans
- Vet Corps: Veterans Helping Veterans
- Northwest Natural Horsemanship Center: Horses healing families - Warrior Family Retreat
PTSD Veterans' Resources
If you are in crisis, please call 911, go to your nearest Emergency Room, or call 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) (Spanish/Español 1-888-628-9454).
- General information about and support for PTSD veterans
- PTSD Facebook support group
- 10 Misconceptions of PTSA