Girl, 17, found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning

Girl, 17, found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning
ROSEBURG, Ore. - Police said a 17-year-old girl was found dead Monday in the garage of a retirement center where she often visited a relative, the apparent victim of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Sgt. Aaron Dunbar of the Roseburg police said Brittney Randazzo and 20-year-old Christopher Langford, both of Myrtle Creek, were found inside a closed garage at the Callahan Village Assisted Living Center.

Police believe a car inside the garage had been running at some point before they were found, but the pair was not discovered in the vehicle. The Roseburg News-Review reported Tuesday that the keys to the car were in the ignition and the battery was dead.

"There's nothing at this point to indicate that this was an intentional act," Dunbar told the newspaper.

Langford was found unconscious and taken to the hospital in critical condition.

Dunbar said police believe the incident was an accident.