2 workers die from toxic fumes in sewer system

GEORGETOWN, Idaho (AP) - Bear Lake County authorities say two Blackfoot men died after breathing in toxic fumes while they were working on the Georgetown sewer system.
   
The Idaho State Journal reports 46-year-old Trent Sorensen and 19-year-old Bo Taylor died Thursday while trying to repair a leak inside a manhole.
   
Sheriff's department officials say one man collapsed in chest-deep water, and the second man was overcome by fumes when he attempted to rescue his co-worker.
   
The men worked for Taylor Construction of Blackfoot.
   
They were pronounced dead at a Montpelier hospital.