Firework-related fires, injuries keep emergency crews busy

Firework-related fires, injuries keep emergency crews busy »Play Video
Eastside Fire and Rescue respond to a residential structure fire on Snoqualmie Ridge. July 4, 2014.
SEATTLE - Several small fires and minor injuries kept emergency crews busy overnight Friday.

A boy in Mason County is recovering Saturday morning after a firework misfired around 1:40 a.m. Saturday. Deputies say the 13 year old was with family near Shelton when the firework exploded on the back of his head.

The boy needed CPR before being airlifted to Harborview Medical Center. His current condition is unclear.

Firefighters in Skyway were busy dealing with several overnight fires with at least three house fires reported.

One house fire displaced five adults and one child in the 7400 block of South 118th Place. The Red Cross provided food, shelter, clothing, and emotional support to those affected.

Another fire came close to Lakeridge Lutheran Church, but didn't cause any damage. Officials say the recent dry streak is making it easier for brush to catch on fire.

Fireworks in Snoqualmie are believed to have started a house fire in Snoqualmie. Eastside Fire and Rescue say the fire started on the roof, and spread into the home located along the Snoqualmie Ridge Golf Course.

No one was in the home at the time, but one firefighter injured his knee while battling flames.