Flying glass injures man after small explosion at Monroe fairgrounds

Flying glass injures man after small explosion at Monroe fairgrounds
MONROE, Wash. -- One person was taken to a local hospital after a small explosion at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds Monday afternoon.

A spokesman for Monroe Fireplace and Stove says one of their technicians was trying to light a wood burning stove at their vendor booth when it experienced a delayed ignition.

The gas built up inside the chamber and created a small explosion that shattered the glass door.

The technician was taken to Providence Medical Center in Everett for treatment of wounds from flying glass.