SEATTLE -- Fulfilling recent requests from neighborhood businesses and residents, the Seattle Police Department is increasing patrols in Capitol Hill following 22 unsolved late-night robberies in the past month.
According to police, two or three groups of people targeting nightlife patrons are likely responsible for the nearly two-dozen robberies, which mostly occurred between 11:30 p.m. and 4 a.m. near the Pike/Pine corridor.
The victims have mostly lost cellphones and wallets and have occasionally been attacked or held at gunpoint.
According to police, detectives do not have good descriptions of possible suspects in the current string of robberies, which started Aug. 9, because of the quickness of the attacks and lack of witnesses.
Police have made one recent arrest they believe could be connected to the robberies. But, detectives are hoping any witnesses or anyone with video or photos related to the robberies will come forward.
The following is an incomplete list of robberies reported in the Capitol Hill area since Aug. 9.
- 12:45 a.m. Aug. 9 in 1600 block of 11th Avenue
- 1:33 a.m. Aug. 9 in 1500 block of Broadway
- 4 a.m. Aug. 9 at Broadway and East Pine Street
- 12:54 a.m. Aug. 10 at East Pike Street and Broadway
- 2 a.m. Aug. 14 in the 1400 block of Broadway
- 12:53 a.m. Aug. 16 in the 1100 block of East Madison Street
- 1:30 a.m. Aug. 16 in the 1400 block of 10th Avenue
- 1:20 a.m. Aug. 18 in the 1400 block of Harvard Avenue
- 6:11 a.m. Aug. 20 in the 1600 block of 11th Avenue
- 2:52 a.m. Aug. 22 in the 300 block of Broadway East
- 1:55 a.m. Aug. 23 at East Union Street and 11th Avenue
- 3 a.m. Aug. 23 in the 1300 block of East Olive Street
- 2:30 a.m. Aug. 24 in the 900 block of East Pine Street
- 10:21 p.m. Aug. 24 at Broadway and East Pine Street
- 1:05 a.m. Aug. 26 at Broadway and East Pike Street
- 11:21 a.m. Aug. 26 in the 1500 block of Broadway
- 2:55 a.m. Aug. 29 at East Pine Street and Nagle Place
- 5:52 p.m. Sept. 1 in the 1400 block of Broadway