9/19/2014

Currently

74°F

Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 52%
Pressure: 30.10 in

Local

UW lab building evacuated after acid spill

UW lab building evacuated after acid spill
Photo courtesy: Seattle Fire Department.
Show Caption
SEATTLE -- A University of Washington laboratory building was evacuated Friday morning after an acid spill.

Someone on the second floor of Benjamin Hall pulled a 2-liter bottle of hydrochloric acid out of a cabinet when the bottom came out and acid spilled on his arm, said Kyle Moore with Seattle Fire.

He was taken by ambulance to the University of Washington Medical Center for treatment of first degree burns to his arm.

Meanwhile, all five floors of the lab at 616 NE Northlake Place were evacuated until firefighters could clean up the spill and ventilate the fumes.
Share:
Search dog who helped on Oso mudslide has gone missing Search dog who helped on Oso mudslide has gone missing