Smoker burned when she accidentally ignites hair

Smoker burned when she accidentally ignites hair
Photo courtesy SXC (via MGN Online).
BUTLER, N.J. (AP) - Authorities say a northern New Jersey woman was seriously burned when she accidentally ignited her hair while trying to light a cigarette.

The 64-year-old Butler resident was in her apartment Saturday afternoon when her hair caught fire. She has severe burns on her forehead, face and neck and was flown to a hospital, where she was listed in serious condition.

Authorities are investigating.