The KOMO 4 Problem Solvers want to help make sure you are. We investigate the likelihood of a major earthquake, tsunami or volcano and asked what your family needs to know and whether government officials are prepared.
Watch the special:
Fore more information:
- Cascadia Subduction Zone, what is it?
- Tsunami evacuation maps by community
- Learn about tsunamis
- FAQ about tsunamis
- USGS, latest earthquakes around the world
- Interactive map: What would a big quake do to your neighborhood?
- Make your own disaster kit
- Shop for an emergency preparedness kit
- Washington Emergency Management Division
- Find your local emergency management division
- Seattle Office of Emergency Management
- Learn about SNAP, Seattle Neighborhoods Actively Prepare
- Seattle residents, protect your home from an earthquake and take a free home retrofitting class
- Get a home retrofit permit
- Mount Rainier lahar information including evacuation maps
- WSDOT animation of Alaskan Way Viaduct collapse
- WSDOT animation of 520 bridge collapse