One house fire is bad enough, but neighbors in South Park say they've seen four recently at the same address.
Just before 7 p.m.. crews were called to a cooking fire at a homeless encampment in the 8900 block of 10th Avenue South. By the time firefighters arrived on scene, the fire had spread to some nearby brush.
As they were taking care of that fire, crews spotted smoke in the distance.
"While they were working at this brush fire, which was about 20 feet by 20 feet, they saw smoke about a block away, in addition to people yelling," said Lt. Sue Stangl of the Seattle Fire Department
That fire was caused by a stray firework. It burned a small amount of brush and damaged the exterior of a nearby home. One firefighter was treated at the scene for exhaustion.
Less than an hour later, another brush fire was reported in the area of 23rd Avenue and South Holgate Street. The fire, which investigators believed was also sparked by a firework, was quickly put out.
Stangl said the recent lack of rain has made the area more susceptible to fires and advised homeowners to keep the brush on their property as short as possible.
"Surprisingly, it's been quite a while since we've had any rainfall, so the brush in the greenbelt areas are a little bit drier than normal," she said.
KOMO'S Jon Repp has the latest from the scene.