The Auction of Washington Wines multi-event weekend this past Thursday through Saturday was incredibly successful, raising $1.8 million for uncompensated care at Seattle Children's Hospital and WSU's Viticulture and Enology program.
We previewed the big weekend at Chateau St. Michelle, profiling their Picnic & Barrel Auction on Thursday, Winemaker Dinner Series on Friday, Columbia Winery Charity Run & Walk and Wine Gala on Saturday.
While the total fundraising amount was slightly short of last year's ($2 million raised), the Picnic & Barrel Auction set fundraising records with a total of $93,000 raised (that's a $21k raise from 2013).
The top auction item was the Chairman's Package, donated and compiled by Marty and Megan Clubb of L’Ecole No 41 and Frank and Charlene Blethen of the Seattle Times. The package ended up selling for $18,00 and included:
- Exclusive photo opp with the Lombardi Trophy, which was on the display at the Gala
- Intimate dinner at Wild Ginger Asian Restaurant & Satay Bar with Chef Jacky Lo on December 13, 2014.
- Four club seat tickets to the Seahawks and the 49’ers on December 14, 2014
- Field passes for pregame and meet and greet with players
- Etched 3L of 2011 L’Ecole Ferguson, winner of Best Bordeaux Blend from Decanter Magazine
“We are thrilled that through all this celebration, funds raised benefit the uncompensated care at Seattle Children’s Hospital, as well as future winemakers of our region through Washington State University,” said Aimee Sheridan, Auction of Washington Wines Executive Director.
Interested in Walla Walla wine country experience with 29 other couples? There is still one Auction Lot available as a buy-in for couples. Thirty will be heading to Walla Walla for dinners in the vineyards and wineries, available online for $2,500 per couple.