With the changing of the season, comes the changing of several local menus around the Pacific Northwest. Take a look to see if one of your neighborhood favorites is mixing it up, or use this as an excuse to try something new!
This Molten Chocolate Cakery is a dessert shop in Ballard who opened their doors in May of 2012. All their desserts are organic, and the molten chocolate cake has people driving from all over the city. This spring brings the following updates their menu:
- Nutella Molten Chocolate Cake: Filled with Nutella and gianduja fudge, topped with chocolate sauce drizzle and candied hazelnut crumble.
- Caramels: Three new flavors join the menu; Saffron, Nettle and Dandelion. Caramels are available in a flight with vanilla ice cream.
- Banana Split: Joining the menu for the first time, with vegan and regular versions available. The split is made with caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, rhubarb compote and candied pistachios.
Pike Place Market
If the Market was a restaurant, all the food and drink it sells make up the menu. And spring means the addition of fresh, Alaskan halibut to that menu! The first catch of the season is now available at Pure Food Fish Market, and will be in stock through November 2014. Right now the fish are being caught off the coast of Alaska, but will be coming through the coast of WA state in the coming weeks.
Pearl Bar & Dining
This Bellevue favorite has expanded its menus, and hours. Starting this week, there will be six hours of happy hour (3 p.m. to 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. to midnight), with all food and drinks at $6 a piece. They are certainly serious about their goal to have the best happy hour around! Here are a couple of their signature items:
- Shiso Wild Drop: veev acai, triple sec, house made lemon sour, muddled shiso lead and a huckleberry tea sugar rim (voted Bellevue Downtown Association's best cocktail).
- Black Cherry Manhattan: Buffalo Trace, Cherry Heering, Capano Punt e Mes, Angostura bitters, and a brandied cherry.
- Bleu Cheese Ternderloin Strips: sauteed garlic, port and demi-glace.
The downtown Seattle waterfront hotspot located in the Four Seasons Hotel is introducing some new players to their list of breakfast regulars this spring:
- Chicken osso bucco
- Savory waffles & 40 minute egg
- AM pizza: Egg, cheese, tomato, herbs and olive oil flatbread
- Stir-fry farro and egg with power greens and grilled hot peppers