Acupuncture is a holistic, all natural approach to treating pain, both emotional and physical. It’s an energetic medicine that moves energy and blood to promote balance where there is imbalance.
But did you know those thin, little needles can help improve your well-being in several other ways? Here are a few things you may not have known about acupuncture:
- Acupuncture can help with addiction.
Whether you’re addicted to alcohol, food, drugs or cigarettes, a licensed acupuncturist can use points in your ear to help curb those cravings.
- Acupuncture treats colds and flus. Acupuncture help’s boost your body’s energy, or qi. When your qi is strong, you’re able to fight off external pathogens, like colds and flus that invade the body.
- Acupuncture is very popular in Europe.
In Sweden, fertility patients are required to get acupuncture with IVF treatments, as acupuncture can increase blood flow to key reproductive areas.
- Acupuncture comes at a lower cost to insurance companies than most doctor visits.
Because there is no lab work involved with acupuncture, there are no added costs per visit.
- In 2014, all Washington insurance companies are required to offer acupuncture benefits.
If you have health insurance in the state of Washington, acupuncture visits will come at a reduced cost beginning next year.