Grilled Greek Style Chicken
By Shannon O'Donnell
Yet another quick and healthy weeknight dinner...I probably pulled this one out of a Real Simple magazine at some point. With only six ingredients and 20 minutes of working time, you can have a tasty meal on the table for your family. I served it over a bed of spinach...the marinade over the top made for a great warm spinach side salad.
GRILLED GREEK STYLE CHICKEN
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1 cup red wine vinaigrette (such as Wish Bone's), plus 2 T more
* 1/2 t salt, divided
* 3 T chopped fresh oregano, divided
* 1 pound cherry/small heirloom tomatoes
* 3 oz crumbled feta cheese
* 8 oz bag of pre-washed spinach (optional)
1) Marinate the chicken breasts in a mixture of 1 cup of vinaigrette, 1 T oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon salt for about an hour.
2) Remove chicken from marinade (reserve it), and cook in a grill pan or large saute pan, turning once, until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Keep warm.
3) Pour reserved marinade in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to low and keep warm.
4) Meanwhile, halve the tomatoes. Toss with 2 T vinaigrette and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Lower saute or grill pan temperature to medium and sear tomatoes, cut side down, until slightly softened--about 2 minutes.
5) Scatter spinach on a large serving platter. Slice chicken and arrange over spinach. Surround with tomatoes, feta, and remaining oregano. Ladle warm marinade over the top.
Serves 4 to 6.
When she's not forecasting, Shannon O'Donnell enjoys putting together tasty, season-appropriate meals and goodies for her friends and family.