Prosciutto, Pear & Brie Appetizers
By Shannon O'Donnell
These types of 'party small bites' look fancy, but they are so simple to assemble, and everyone loves them. Prosciutto and cantaloupe is the old stand-by, but substituting pear works well (and is more 'northwest', yes?). You could add a splash of truffle oil (heavenly!) or quality balsamic if you wish, but they may get messier that way, so be sure to serve with cocktail napkins if you go that route...!
Prosciutto Bites with Pear, Brie & Arugula
* 1/2 pound prosciutto, sliced thin (but not TOO thin or they will fall apart on you)
* 4 ounces Camembert cheese (essentially brie with bleu swirled in)
* 4 ounces arugula
* 1 pear, sliced thin (I left skins on, but you can peel first if you wish)
* 1 ounce of truffle oil or balsamic (optional)
1) Lay out slices of prosciutto, and top each with a slice of cheese, pear and some arugula. Drizzle with oil or balsamic vinegar if desired.
2) Gently roll up and present on a appetizer tray.
Serve with good wine and good friends, natch!
When she's not forecasting, Shannon O'Donnell enjoys putting together tasty, season-appropriate meals and goodies for her friends and family.