Fresh Tuna Tacos
By Shannon O'Donnell
This is my favorite recipe for fish tacos--I love that it calls for fresh ahi. It's very quick and easy, plus healthy to boot. You may want to double to have enough for your family.
FRESH TUNA TACOS
* 1/3 cup sour cream
* 1/4 cup diced red onion
* 3 T chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 tsp minced canned chipotle chilis (this comes in a MUCH larger can than you'll need...I use what the recipe calls for, then freeze the rest, using it as needed when a recipe requires it)
* 1 8-ounce ahi tuna steak, cut into 3/4" pieces
* 1 T taco seasoning mix
* 1 T vegetable oil
* Package of hard or soft taco shells--whichever you prefer
* Small package of cole slaw salad mix, sans dressing
* Any other sides you like to add to tacos...chopped tomatos, avocados, etc.
1) Mix first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
2) In another bowl, add tuna and taco seasoning. Toss to coat.
2) Heat oil in a heavy medium skillet over medium high heat. Add tuna and saute to desired doneness, about 3 minutes (that's it!) for medium. Reduce heat to medium low.
3) Stir in sour cream mixture. Cook until just heated through, coating tuna, about 2 minutes.
4) Heat taco shells in a warm oven if desired. Fill with small amount of cole slaw salad topped with the warm tuna mixture.
Pass with condiments. Serve with spanish rice and spicy black beans (quick recipe in the next blog).
When she's not forecasting, Shannon O'Donnell enjoys putting together tasty, season-appropriate meals and goodies for her friends and family.