Fire crews respond, mobile home fire

(Poulsbo, North Kitsap) Poulsbo Fire Department, North Kitsap Fire and Rescue and Navy Region Northwest responded to a fully engulfed mobile home fire this morning around 10:30 am. Fire crews had the fire under control in approximately 15 minutes. The fire was contained to mostly the living room, but there was significant smoke and heat damage to the entire home. The home, located near the corner of Windme and Lincoln, belonged to a 62 year old woman who lived alone. The said she had just come out of the shower when she saw the living room immersed in smoke and flames and heard glass shattering. She quickly called 911 and ran out of the home.

“I tried to go back in to gather some belongings but the flames were too intense,” she said. Officials remind people to never return into a burning building and the importance of dialing 911 from a neighbor’s house or cell phone outside the home. Had this woman gone back in, or had she spent even five more minutes in the home, the outcome would likely have been much different. It also serves as a good reminder to unplug major appliances when not in use because according to the Kitsap County Fire Marshal, the fire was caused by an overloaded circuit. The woman was insured, and the Red Cross provided emergency services.

This story is inappropriate and should be flagged for moderation. Please choose from one of the following options:

You have indicated this comment should be removed.


The comment has been submitted for review. Thank you .

Beth says ... on Tuesday, Sep 7 at 9:07 PM

Who is that sexy guy in the white hat?

Add a comment


Comment: 250 Characters Left

KOMO News and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.