Fire Departments burn Richmond Bch house

The 1911 house at 2103 NW 201st in Richmond Beach (Shoreline) was torched yesterday as the culmination of a four day training exercise by a variety of local fire departments. The house was once owned by two sisters - a local teacher and her postmistress sister. The fire department was wonderful and the drill went off just as they expected with the house falling in on itself and burning completely. Only the stone fireplace still stands. The property was the object of a lawsuit last year when the owner filed to build three houses there. It is now for sale for over $1,000,000 and split into three lots. You just don't get to see a house burned down every day. It is much warmer and noisier than you might imagine.

This story is inappropriate and should be flagged for moderation. Please choose from one of the following options:

Add a comment


Comment: 250 Characters Left

KOMO News and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.