The 1911 house at 2103 NW 201st in Richmond Beach (Shoreline) was torched yesterday as the culmination of a four day training exercise by a variety of local fire departments. The house was once owned by two sisters - a local teacher and her postmistress sister. The fire department was wonderful and the drill went off just as they expected with the house falling in on itself and burning completely. Only the stone fireplace still stands. The property was the object of a lawsuit last year when the owner filed to build three houses there. It is now for sale for over $1,000,000 and split into three lots. You just don't get to see a house burned down every day. It is much warmer and noisier than you might imagine.
Fire Departments burn Richmond Bch house
By: LacquerSubscribe Channel: On the Scene Location: Richmond Beach, Shoreline, Washington