For more info contact: Jody Matson
Public Information Officer
For Immediate Release: Mobile home fire on Central Valley Rd
(Poulsbo, Kitsap County) Poulsbo Fire Department, Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue and Navy Region Northwest responded to a mobile home fire early this morning around 3:30 on Central Valley Road near Keyport. The fire spread from the wood stove to the chimney and attic area. The home was rented by a young couple, both 24 years old. The woman said, “Something just woke me up and I looked outside my bedroom. I could see the woodstove glowing orange and there were flames on top. Apparently the smoke alarms are not working. I feel very fortunate I woke up.”
There were no injuries. The renters did not have renter’s insurance. There was damage to an addition and extension area off the side of the mobile home including a wall, ceiling and attic area. There was also smoke damage, but total estimates are unavailable at this time. The Kitsap County Fire Marshal is investigating the incident. Fire Officials remind people to “change your clocks, change your batteries” or purchase a 10 year lithium battery and test your smoke alarms once a month. Working smoke alarms are proven to increase your chance of survival in a fire by 50 percent.