Firefighters extinguish hot spots

Poulsbo House Fire quickly extinguished

(Poulsbo, North Kitsap County) Poulsbo Fire Department and North Kitsap Fire and Rescue responded to a residential structure fire this evening just after 4pm, in the Gala neighborhood near Lincoln Road. When units arrived on scene just five minutes later, they found smoke coming from the eaves. The fire was extinguished in 10 minutes. According to Deputy Fire Marshal, Craig Hanson, the fire began from an electrical short in the wiring in the attic. He estimates structural damage to be approximately $25,000 and limited to the attic area. There is also minor damage to walls and carpeting, as well as smoke damage. The home belongs to a couple in their sixties and they are insured. The woman said, "We decided to stay home and do some yard work today. I hate to think what would have happened had we not been home and noticed it.” There were no injuries.

This story is inappropriate and should be flagged for moderation. Please choose from one of the following options:

Add a comment

Name:

Comment: 250 Characters Left

KOMO News and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.