Who doesn't love to eat ice cream? Snoqualmie Gourmet Ice Cream in Matlby in Snohomish County is environmentally friendly, ernergy efficient, and continually striving for sustainability.
On Friday, July 10th from 12:30 to 4:00pm this sustainable business will be hosting an "ice cream party" the Good Taste of Sustainability at 2110 86th Ave SE, in Matlby, WA. 98296.
Schedule to speak at 12:30pm:
Invocation-Pastor Ken Collins
Snohomish County Executive Aaron Reardon
Snoqualmie Gourmet Ice Cream owner Barry Bettinger
Darigold Vice President of Consumer Products Division Brian Linney
Snohomish County PUD Commissioner District 3 Toni Olson
Puget Sound Partnership Linda Lyshall
Sustainable Development Task Force of Snohomish County Dena Peel
From 1:30-2:30 Live Music by May Palmer Queen of Ivory Soul
From 2:00-4:00 Snoqualmie Gourmet Ice Cream Tours ( allow 30-minutes)
Networking –Relaxing-Ice Cream Treats
Ongoing Demonstrations: Pervious concrete, worm-bin How-to’s;* mini-dog training show;* solar
• Sustainable Development Taskforce of Snohomish County- www.sustainablesnohomishcounty.org
• Washington State University Extension Rain Garden Coalition
• Tree Frog Enterprises
• Puget Sound Partnership http://www.psp.wa.gov/
• Edmonds Community College
• Built Green www.usgbc.org
• Department of Ecology www.ecy.wa.gov
• Snohomish County PUD www.snopud.com
• Cedar Grove Compost www.cedar-grove.com
• Bonneville Environmental Foundation www.B-E-F.org.
*See how easy turning your food scraps into the best of all plant foods can be! We’ll bed and feed a worm-bin every half-hour and cover all sorts of fun facts about compost. Kids’ activities too.
* Dogs can be very disruptive to the landscaped yard-learn some tips on how to train Fido to minimize damage.