Mobile home fire quickly extinguished

(Poulsbo, Kitsap County) Poulsbo Fire Department, Navy Region Northwest and North Kitsap Fire and Rescue responded to a mobile home fire this evening at 8pm on Viking Avenue. Neighbors called 911 when they noticed smoke billowing from several windows. When crews arrived on scene, smoke was escaping from the eves and flames were seen coming from one side of the home. Crews had the fire out in just over 10 minutes. The home belonged to a single male renter. It is unknown at this time whether he had renter's insurance. The Kitsap County Fire Marshal states the fire was a slow smoldering fire which began in a chair and was likely caused by cigarette smoking. The mobile home is a total loss. Officials state that given the current heat wave and the dry vegetation surrounding the home, this fire could have quickly spread. They encourage residents to keep at least a three foot buffer between your home and surrounding vegetation.

This story is inappropriate and should be flagged for moderation. Please choose from one of the following options:

Add a comment

Name:

Comment: 250 Characters Left

KOMO News and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.