My name is Joe Stinton and I am the head football coach of the South Sound Team that is a member of the newly formed North West Community College Football League which is a non profit.
We have successfully concluded our first season and it was an absolute success.
This year the league was comprised of four teams and we played each other twice.
2. Green River
4. South Sound
We will be adding Columbia Basin and possibly an Oregon team for the 2010 season.
Please understand we have no affiliation with any the Community Colleges in the state. We asked but they do not have the finances to support football at the Community College level.
So we did it ourselves. Some folks may call us semi pro, a football club, etc. It matters not to us because we have experienced success with respect to getting our players scholarships. And that is the goal. Education through sports.
We began with simple goals
1. Kick off (We played 6 games per team)
2. To keep our Washington Athletes that do not proceed to a D-1 or D-2 in our state. (Approx 140 Players)
3. Keep the athlete at home, play football and continue their education without paying out of state tuition
4. Allow the athletes to continue to play the game they love, as long as they are a successful student first.
5. Do our best to move the athlete to the next level with a scholarship. (9 players are in the cycle)
I hope you take the time to research this. It is a very worth while effort being undertaken by a 100% volunteer staff league wide. Again our focus is to move these young athletes to the next level. It will not happen for most but it will and has happened for some.