Dog rescued in mobile home fire

5/12/2010
For Immediate Release:
Dog rescued from mobile home fire
(Poulsbo, North Kitsap) Poulsbo Fire Department and North Kitsap Fire and Rescue responded to a mobile home fire this morning at 5:35am on Lincoln Road near Caldart. When units arrived on scene, they found a 41 year old male resident, his 50 year old girlfriend, and their second dog trapped in the back yard. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire. The man was taken to Harrison Hospital in Bremerton for minor smoke inhalation. The girlfriend said, “I’d fallen asleep on the couch and woke up to crackling noises. I opened my eyes and saw the flames in the living room and thick, black smoke everywhere.” One dog and an iguana remained in the house until firefighters extinguished the fire and entered the home to rescue the animals.

The couple was renting the mobile home from their father and did not believe they had home owner’s insurance. Poulsbo Police assisted the woman while she was trapped in the back yard. The padlock to the gate had to be cut in order for them to leave the yard. Damage estimates are unavailable at this time, but there was significant smoke damage throughout the home. The Kitsap County Fire Marshal is investigating the incident.

This story is inappropriate and should be flagged for moderation. Please choose from one of the following options:

Add a comment

Name:

Comment: 250 Characters Left

KOMO News and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.